Thank you for helping us work towards planting one million trees for Greater Sydney by 2022. We’ve received an overwhelming response to applications for free trees in April and there is currently no more stock available.
More orders will be available on 3 May 2021, please return next month to apply for your free tree(s) or leave your details at the form below to be notified as soon as more are available.
2021 Free Tree Giveaway
In 2021, 13,500 households will be able to apply for free trees from two different partners:
- between March and May, our partner, IndigiGrow – an all Aboriginal owned, run and staffed not-for-profit organisation in La Perouse will be providing trees for pick up from La Perouse Public School, Yarra Road, La Perouse
- further opportunities for free trees will be announced in June 2021.
At the beginning of each month we will be making a limited number of the 13,500 orders available – so get in quick. Each month there will be different trees and quantities available.
If you’re planting a tree(s) outside of the Giveaway, please register it to make it count. Every tree planted gets us one step closer to planting one million trees by 2022.
Planting one million trees will provide more shade, cleaner air and more resilient places to live. To reach the target of one million trees we need individuals to play a part and plant trees in their own backyard.
What happens if I missed out on free trees in March or April?
You can either check the website on 3 May, when another 1,000 orders will be available or register your interest below. If you register, we will let you know when the giveaway reopens in May.
Please note that given the popularity of the program, you'll need to order as soon as the giveaway reopens, as there is a limited number of trees.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you answer yes to all of the following:
- you have an address in one of the 33 local government areas (LGAs) in Greater Sydney
- you have not already applied for a free tree(s) in 2021.
What tree species are available?
From March to May, 1,000 orders will be made available each month to eligible households. At the beginning of each month, the following trees will be available:
- Edible trees: 2 x140mm pots or 3 x tubestock
- Non-edible trees: 3 x 140mm pots or 4 x tubestock.
During the Giveaway, the list of available tree species may be adjusted, to respond to availability.
Register to be notified
We will contact you when more free trees are available: