The BASIX sandbox tool is a new beta version of the BASIX tool, which is accessed via a dedicated test environment. It is being developed in stages.
The sandbox tool:
- allows users to test all types of residential development against the higher BASIX standards that will commence on 1 October 2023
- has enhanced functionality, such as address verification
- includes the water, energy/greenhouse sections and thermal performance – simulation method
- also includes the new materials index for the user to calculate the embodied emissions, and
- does not include the thermal performance – DIY method or the alteration and additions tool, which will be added in early-mid 2023.
When development and testing of the sandbox tool is complete, it will be integrated into the Planning Portal, and will replace the existing BASIX Tool.
Account to use the sandbox tool
To use the sandbox tool, you require an account. We have set up sandbox accounts for all active BASIX users, and for those that expressed interest in initial testing in early 2022.
If you do not have an account for the sandbox, and wish to use the sandbox, please email [email protected]. Please note that you cannot setup your own sandbox account.
Existing users – feedback and help
For users with a sandbox account:
- please email your feedback about the sandbox tool to [email protected], and
- if you need help, please refer to the video, How to use the BASIX sandbox tool.