Development application forms can be found on your Council website. An increasingly large number of councils in NSW also provide facilities for you to lodge development applications online.

Enter your Council area below to be directed to their website. If your Council area does not appear on the list please contact your Council for application forms.


Integrated development

Certain development applications require a permit or license from a NSW Government agency in addition to a development consent. These are called integrated development.

Council will refer the application to the necessary agency so that there is an integrated assessment of the proposal.

Designated development

Designated development refers to developments that are high-impact developments (e.g. likely to generate pollution) or are located in or near an environmentally sensitive area (e.g. a wetland).

For designated development, you will need to submit an environmental impact statement (EIS) with the development application.