Submission for: Snowy 2.0 - Exploratory Works
Cootamundra, New South Wales
I am extremely concerned in regards to the impacts this project will have
on the recreational use of Talbingo Dam. Thousands of people use this
dam for fishing, skiing and general water sports 365 days a year.
My main concerns are;
1. Partial or full closure of the spillway for Snowy Hydro Barge
access & ramp.
2. Possible restriction on boat ramp.
3. Potentially 24 barge movements up the dam during peak periods.
4. Potentially treated sewerage being put back into top end of dam
from Lobs Hole workers camp.
5. Heavy traffic bringing in large equipment through Talbingo to
6. Risk assessment on the barge movements will not be completed until
after the start of the project, leaving access of the dam up to Snowy.