Environmental Planning and Assessment Amendment (ePlanning) Regulation 2017
Note: Submissions have now closed for this exhibition.
Have your say on online development applications for homes and businesses
We would like to thank you for your feedback on changes that will allow people to lodge development applications for homes or businesses online.
Proposed changes to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000 (the Regulation) will support online lodgement of development applications by introducing consistent documents and technical requirements across NSW. These changes will help to make it faster and easier to get the approvals you need, and also make it easier to find planning information.
Currently, there are many variations in requirements for development applications, which can cause delays in preparing and determining applications. The Regulation seeks to make it easier by standardising online submission and lodgement.
Online lodgement through the Planning Portal will dramatically reduce the time and resources spent on producing and reviewing hard copy documents, making it faster and easier for NSW residents to lodge and track applications. It will also make planning information more accessible.
Proposed changes include:
- standardising the documents required to lodge applications for development
- replacing written consent with legally enforced declarations by applicants that they have permission from land owners to submit a development application
- introducing new requirements for making and exhibiting Development Control Plans and Contribution Plans (financial contributions from developers towards infrastructure costs).
To ensure consistency, the Secretary’s Requirements for the Lodgement of Applications for Development provides a clear list of documents and technical requirements for different application types. This will replace requirements contained in Schedule 1 of the Regulation.
Details of the proposals can be found in the resources section below.
|Attachments and Resources|
Website submissions – government, agency and organisation
Website submissions – personal feedback
|Key dates and other information|
|Exhibition location||NSW Planning Portal - www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au|
|Relevant legislation||Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000|
|Exhibiting agency or agencies||NSW Department of Planning and Environment|
|Local government area||State wide|
Making a submission
Online submission requirements
- The 'Submission' field below is limited to 512 characters. If you would like to provide more information, please upload additional comments in the 'Submission File' section
- All submission files must be uploaded in PDF format
Have your say
We value your input into the planning process and look forward to reading your submission. When you make a submission we will publish:
- the content of your submission and any attachments - including any personal information about you which you have chosen to include in those documents
- a list of submitters, which will include:
- your name
- your suburb or town
If you wish to maintain your privacy in this submission process you must:
- request your name be withheld from the list of submitters by ticking the relevant box in the form below, and
- not include any of your personal information in your submission or attachments.
We will not publish offensive, threatening, defamatory or other inappropriate material.