The Department of Planning and Environment assesses applications for many different industries including mines, quarries and wind farms. Each of these industries has particular characteristics that justify specific policies and guidelines to help ensure the impacts and benefits are recognised and managed effectively.
Guidelines and policies have been prepared for some industries to assist in assessment of key issues.
Environmental impact statement (EIS) guidelines include:
- Composting and Related Facilities,
- Roads and Related Facilities,
- Marinas and Related Facilities,
- Extractive Industries Quarries,
- Sewerage Systems,
- Chemical Facilities,
- Concrete Works,
- Extractive Industries Dredging and Other Extraction in Riparian and Coastal Areas,
- Bitumen Works, and
- Cattle Feedlots.