The draft State Environmental Planning Policy (Design and Place) 2021 (DP SEPP) and supporting guides are part of a broader review of all SEPPs. The new policy aims to simplify the way we plan for, and design, sustainable and resilient places in NSW.
The DP SEPP puts sustainability, resilience, and quality of places at the forefront of development. Support for healthy and thriving communities, and care for our environment underpins the policy. The scope of the DP SEPP applies to places of all scales, from precincts, large developments and buildings, to infrastructure and public space.
The Government has worked closely with stakeholders including the development industry, local government, and the community for almost 12 months, to shape this draft policy for the people of NSW.
Have your say by 28 February 2022
Public submissions are now invited until 28 February 2022 for the draft DP SEPP and supporting guides.
- Design & Place - Overview
- Design & Place - Draft SEPP
- Design & Place - Draft Regulation Amendment
- Design & Place - Draft Ministerial Direction
- Design & Place – Cost Benefit Analysis (Summary)
- Draft Apartment Design Guide
- Draft Urban Design Guide
- Draft Local Government Design Review Panel Manual
- Sustainability in Residential Buildings (BASIX Overview)