On 1 July 2021, the government introduced the Rapid Assessment Framework to ensure that State significant projects in NSW are supported by better assessment, better coordination and better engagement.
The Rapid Assessment Framework is a package of system improvements that increases the efficiency of major project assessments and speeds up assessment timeframes while also improving assessment quality, engagement standards and customer service.
Further information about how the Rapid Assessment Framework operates and the final package, including new guidelines and industry-specific Secretary’s Environmental Assessment Requirements (SEARs), is available at the department's website.
As part of the reforms, the government has also introduced the Registered Environmental Assessment Practitioners (REAP) Scheme to improve the quality of environmental assessments undertaken for major projects.
The Rapid Assessment Framework package was exhibited from 14 December 2020 until 12 February 2021.
A Summary of Submissions Report outlines feedback we received during the exhibition period.
- Policy Paper on Draft Regulation and EIE
- Amendment regulation
- Industry Specific SEARs - Hospitals
- Industry Specific SEARs - Identified Sites and Precincts
- Industry Specific SEARs - Warehouse
- SSD Guide
- SSD Guide App A - Preparing a Scoping Report
- SSD Guide App B - Preparing an EIS
- SSD Guide App C - Preparing a Submissions Report
- SSD Guide App D - Preparing an Amendment Report
- SSD Guide App E - Preparing a Modification Report
- SSI Guide
- SSI Guide App A - Preparing a Scoping Report
- SSI Guide App B - Preparing an EIS
- SSI Guide App C - Preparing a Submissions Report
- SSI Guide App D - Preparing an Amendment Report
- SSI Guide App E - Preparing an PIR
- SSI Guide App F - Preparing a Modification Report
- SSI Guide App G - Declaration of SSI and CSSI
- Undertaking Engagement Guide
- Assessing Cumulative Impacts Guide
- Registered EA Practitioners Guide