Planning information at your fingertips
08 March 2018
A new version of the Department’s Planning Portal is now online, making it easier for property owners and industry professionals to search for site–specific planning information right across NSW.
Since launching in late 2015 there have been more than four million sessions on the Planning Portal and traffic is continuing to increase. Users can search individual properties and generate their own reports, find out more about exempt and complying development, and research planning information and publications.
Based on user feedback, we have made significant changes to improve the user experience, including:
- enhancements to the interactive map and publications section for increased functionality
- additional planning information and data updates through the ‘Find a Property’ search
- revised content and consolidated webpages providing faster access to key information
- a new look and feel for a more intuitive user experience
- essential security upgrades to enhance data protection.
The upgrades are the first in a series of enhancements to be released throughout the year as we incorporate user feedback and provide additional services to help streamline the planning application process.
A new online training module for exempt and complying development is also available via the Planning Portal. This short online course is designed for use by:
- council customer service staff, planners and building surveyors
- homeowners and businesses wanting to learn more
- certifiers wishing to take a refresher course
- anyone wanting to explore private certification as a career option.
For help using the Planning Portal please call Service NSW 1300 305 695 or contact [email protected] for more information.
Originally published as "Planning information at your fingertips"