The Greater Penrith to Eastern Creek (GPEC) Strategic Framework will guide the future planning for new homes and jobs, close to transport, schools and public spaces.
A draft strategic framework was on public exhibition from 18 November to 16 December 2022.
The draft strategic framework identifies:
- Six areas suitable for growth and change over the next 20-30 years, including two priority areas:
- St Marys as a priority urban renewal area
- Orchard Hills as a priority urban release area
- A vision for growth and change in Greater Penrith to Eastern Creek
- Key planning priorities for the area
- Directions and actions to deliver on each of the priorities
- Draft state infrastructure required to support growth.
The strategic framework is expected to be finalised in 2023. More information on the Greater Penrith to Eastern Creek area is available on the Department of Planning and Environment’s website.
- Draft Greater Penrith to Eastern Creek Strategic Framework
- Draft Ministerial Direction
- Urban Design Report Part 1
- Urban Design Report Part 2
- Urban Design Report Part 3
- Urban Design Report Part 4
- Social Infrastructure and Open Space Needs Assessment
- Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessment
- Aboriginal Engagement Outcomes Report