Transport for NSW (TfNSW) prepared a rezoning proposal for the Paint Shop sub-precinct. The rezoning proposal was exhibited for comment from 26 July to 25 August 2022.
The department was responsible for gathering submissions and evaluating the proposal. All feedback received during public exhibition informed the final rezoning package and helped shape the future of Redfern North Eveleigh.
The rezoning has now been finalised.
The commencement of the new planning controls has been deferred until 30 June 2023. This will allow time for infrastructure funding arrangements to be finalised which will secure contributions towards local infrastructure and affordable housing.
The Paint Shop sub-precinct is located within the broader Tech Central district, with flexible floor space options for technology and innovation industries, new public open space and a range of housing.
The Carriageworks and Clothing Store sub-precincts are not affected by this proposal or its finalisation.
The rezoning will deliver:
- employment floor space to support up to 6,400 jobs
- 320 dwellings, with a minimum of 15% of affordable housing and a minimum of 15% of diverse housing
- 1.12 hectares of new public open space
- 3,700 square metres of community and cultural floor space for residents and workers, including a dedicated space for the Aboriginal community
- new pedestrian and cyclist routes, including direct pedestrian connections to the new Southern Concourse at Redfern Station.
Technical Documents Exhibited
- Urban Design Framework
- Urban Design Framework Appendix
- Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Study
- Addendum to Eveleigh Railway Workshop Overarching Conservation Management Plan
- Aeronautical Study
- Connecting with Country Framework
- Consultation Outcomes Report
- Ecological Assessment
- Economic Assessment
- Environmental Sustainability Study
- Green Infrastructure and Urban Forest Study
- Heritage Interpretation Strategy
- Noise and Vibration Assessment
- Non Aboriginal Heritage Study
- Planning Report
- Pollution Assessment
- Population and Demographics Study
- Public Art Strategy
- Safety and Security Statement
- Skyview Analysis
- Social Infrastructure and Equity-Focused Health Impact Study
- Transport Strategy and Transport Impact Assessment
- Updated Eveleigh Railway Workshops Overarching Conservation Management Plan
- Utilities and Infrastructure Servicing Report
- View and Visual Assessment
- Water Quality, Flooding and Storm Water Report
- Wind Study