Skip to main content
Ariel view of houses

Online Services

Lodging your complying development certificate

The Department of Planning and Environment has developed a new online service for processing Complying Development applications through the NSW Planning Portal.

The service is currently available through nine council areas and will be made available for a wider use throughout 2019.

The Online CDC service is available in the following local council areas:

  • Armidale Regional Council
  • Bathurst Regional Council
  • Camden Council
  • City of Canterbury Bankstown
  • Georges River Council
  • Lake Macquarie City Council
  • Liverpool City Council
  • Penrith City Council
  • Sutherland Shire Council

Applications for complying development can be lodged for the following residential development types:

  • New dwelling houses
  • Secondary dwellings (granny flats)
  • Attached development
  • Detached development
  • Alterations and additions to dwelling houses or secondary dwellings
  • Demolition

How to apply online

  1. Contact your council about applying for a CDC and which documents you will need. For more information read our pre-application document checklist.
  2. Register for a NSW Planning Portal account to start your application.
  3. Log in to complete the online application. You will need to submit a certificate of title, site plan, design plans, structural plans and building specifications and any other documents the council or certifier requires.

If the Online CDC application service is not yet available in your area, you can apply directly to your local council or search for an accredited certifier on the Building Professionals Board’s Register.

More information

For more information about the Online CDC service, you can view and download the information sheet here.