Riverwood Rezoning Proposal
Proposed changes to planning controls in the Riverwood Estate aim to create a vibrant and connected community with a mix of modern social and private housing, together with shops, community facilities, and open spaces.
NSW Land and Housing Corporation (LAHC) is seeking approval for new planning controls to support the renewal of Riverwood via a State Significant Precinct (SSP) rezoning proposal.
The rezoning proposal for Riverwood Estate will transform the 30 hectare site to create 3,900 social and private dwellings over the next 15 to 20 years and add 5 hectares of new and enhanced open space.
A summary of the changes:
Changes to land use and planning controls to renew Riverwood Estate. The proposal includes:
- Homes - 3,900 dwellings including new social housing
- Housing types - Changes to density and building forms to facilitate a range of housing types
- Connectivity - Realignment of the street, cycleway and pedestrian network
- Open space - New open space, including two larger parks and three pocket parks
- Facilities - New community facilities and services, along with zoning for local retail shops.
The rezoning proposal was on exhibition from 12 August to 25 September 2022. All submissions and feedback are being carefully considered, with the proposal anticipated to be finalised next year.
- Explanation of Intended Effects (EIE)
- Draft Development Control Plan (DCP)
- Place Strategy
- Planning Report
- Air Quality
- Landscape Report PART A
- Landscape Report PART B
- Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessment Report
- Urban Design Report
- Social Infrastructure Study
- Demographics and Retail Study
- Equity Focused Health Impact Assessment
- Green Infrastructure Study
- Traffic and Transport Assessment
- Statement of Heritage Impact
- Canopy Cover Assessment
- High Value Tree Report
- Design Review Response
- Biodiversity Development Assessment Report
- Environmental Sustainability Study
- Climate Change Adaption Report
- Water Quality and Storm Water Report
- Infrastructure Services Report
- Preliminary Noise Impact Report
For further information on the Riverwood rezoning proposal, go to the NSW Land and Housing Corporation website.
Email: [email protected]